It’s this guy’s birthday today and our anniversary tomorrow, so in his honor I just want to tell the world how amazing of a man Albin is. Albin, here are ten (among millions) reasons why I hit the jackpot when I married you:
- You are an incredible example of loving your wife like Chist loves the church. You love me well, unconditionally, and wholly. I have learned so much about Christ’s love for the church because I’ve seen how completely you have cherished me.
- You love God and lead us well. I can’t imagine having to follow a guy that wasn’t answering to the Father and wasn’t striving towards a higher purpose.
- Your manliness :). You’re sensitive enough to shed a tear and express your emotions, while tough enough to fight a lion for us. It’s good to have a real man who owns up to responsibility, takes care of us, protects us, and sets an example of strength.
- You love our kids. Whether its Mariah or our foster kids, you are an amazing Papa. They feel secure and treasured by you. Watching you love these babies is basically the sexiest thing ever.
- You make me laugh. The voice-overs you imagine up for our dogs and babies are seriously hilarious.
- You work hard. You provide for us and make it possible for me to raise our kids. You hold yourself to a high standard and do your thing with excellence. We appreciate you so very much.
- Your faithfulness. It is such a blessing to know that my man is going to come home when he says he will, respect his vows, and that he only has eyes for me.
- You are generous. You love to give and you give fully. Whether you’re giving your time, talents, or treasures, you don’t withhold and you genuinely care about the needs of others. You are selfless and that is such an attractive trait.
- You encourage me. You tell me I’m beautiful even if I have spit-up encrusted hair; you eat everything I cook for you with a smile even if its not good, and you challenge me to pursue my talents even though we don’t have time. It is a blessing to always have someone standing by my side and cheering me on.
- I’ve mentioned this before, but I’ll say it again: your Spanish. Nothing like a little love language to stir up some romance. Oh baby when you talk like that, you make a woman go mad…
But seriously, you are one of a kind and I am truly blessed to spend my life with you. It definitely hasn’t always been easy, but its been so worth it. Te amo mucho.
One thought on “I Married a Good One”
Albin is a Keeper!
G-Ma & G-Pa Santa